- INSURANCE COVERAGE
- PRODUCT DOCUMENT
- CLAIMS GUIDELINE
- OTHER PRODUCTS
Directors and officers (D&O) liability Insurance
Directors, managers and officers of any company of all sizes have significant responsibilities while acting in their capacity as such. In line with their responsibilities, these leaders are exposed to various risks which could lead to claims against them for:
- Accounting irregularities
- Breaches of competition law
- Breaches of health and safety regulation
- Employment-related claims
- Environment liability
- Insolvency-related proceedings
- And others in relation to their respective responsibility
The liability of directors and officers are usually excluded by any liability insurance policy, hence Directors & Officers’ Liability insurance is designed to protect the business and its leaders from the unwanted financial loss caused by claims against them.
With support by Tokio Marine Group’s expertise and capacity in financial line insurance products, TMIV is able to offer comprehensive directors & officers liability (D&O) insurance programmes so that corporate leaders can proceed confidently with their business visions.
Key coverage of D&O insurance
- Management liability, including damages and defence costs and public relations expenses
- Company reimbursement for sums that the business pays to the directors and/or officers in relation to their liability
- Identity theft
Extensions may include:
- Emergency costs
- Continuous cover
- Crisis containment
- Personal tax liability
Detailed coverage is as offered in your policy.
Main exclusions of D&O insurance
- Known claims/circumstances, prior/pending litigation
- Dishonest or Fraudulent acts
- Unlawful personal profit or advantage
- War, Sanctions, Acts of God, Pollution
- Specific exclusions are mentioned in your policy.